woensdag 27 februari 2008

Automatic login and locking the workstation on restart

At work we are running windwos server and when there is an important update, windows automaticly installs it and restarts the pc. That's a problem because we need some applications to run all the time.
I did a little search on te internet ( google is your friend) and came with the following result:

first I needed the make the pc login automaticly on restart. On the site of Microsoft I found I could fix this with a little change in the registery.
To do that u need to type the command regedit and to go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon


There u have to change AutoAdminLogon to 1.

Now to make the workstation lock automaticly at startup I made a little Batchfile.
Open notepad and type the folowing text:

RUNDLL32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

save it as a .bat file and put it into your startup programs.

The pc will now lock on startup.

Geen opmerkingen: